Office Manager Position Announcement
Contact: Honor Keeler, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Utah Diné Bikéyah (UDB) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to preserve and protect Native American cultural and natural resources on public lands in San Juan County, Utah. Through Native grassroots community engagement, UDB aims to elevate the sovereignty of Hopi, Zuni, Ute Mountain Ute, Ute Indian, and Navajo Tribes and the voices of local people to restore Bears Ears National Monument and chart a new path for Indigenous advocacy. UDB works to change land-use policies and integrate traditional knowledge to strengthen communities by collecting and organizing Native wisdom in cooperation with tribal nations. For more information, please visitwww.utahdinebikeyah.org.
Position Summary: Manages a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff and/or volunteers. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Office Manager position makes sure the office runs smoothly, and that detailed planning and attention are given to operations and procedures, such as bookkeeping, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other duties. Position will be located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Plans office layout, develops office budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Manages human resources and confidential records.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors.
- Maintain office inventories, and shipping of merchandize.
- Coordinates, and plans meetings, events, and travel.
- Manages Office budgets.
- Maintain office calendars.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a range of volunteer opportunities (i.e. merchandize fulfillment, data entry, etc.)
- Membership, receive check/online donations, make deposits, send receipt/ thank you’s, respond to member inquiries.
- Coordinates with bookkeeper on reconciliations.
- Answer office calls, requests, and faxes.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Assistant Director or Executive Director.
Skills and Knowledge
- Organizational and planningskills
- Proficient in computer applications, such as Word, Excel, Quickbooks, and Filemaker Pro
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public and/or with challengingsituations
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff andvolunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of thejob
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequentinterruptions
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to volunteerprograms
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Office Manager or similar role
- College degree
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two to three years experience as Office Manager/Administrator or equivalent.
Application deadline is February 15, 2019. Qualified candidates should send a resume, letter of interest, writing sample, and two references by email to email@example.com.
This description reflects UDB’s best effort to describe the functions and qualifications of this position. It is neither a contract, nor an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or qualifications.
If you would like to download a PDF of the job description click the button below.